Sp3ctator


archives

>Email Joel Mackey


Powered by Blogger

 


   Thursday, April 03, 2003  
Americans and Canadians


As an American, Texan, and conservative I was disappointed by Canada's stance regarding America's removal of Saddam. But being a resident of the Dallas area, I am friends with a number of Canadians who have moved down here due to being Canadian educated nurses recruited to work in American hospitals. I can honestly say, I have never met a Canadian I didn't like. They are truly good, salt of the earth people. But here I must give full disclosure.... I have not met any French Canadians. All the Canadians I know are of British ancestry from the maritimes and Calgary areas. And from what I gather in talks with them, the French Canadians are something of a squirrely sort, whose only redeeming feature seems to be the occaissonal great hockey player they produce.

I cannot help but notice that the members of Canadian government who most seem to oppose America have French sounding names. I am totally fascinated by this feature of Canadian culture, they are still very colonial. The British descendants still pay homage to Great Britian, and likewise I assume, the French Canadians have a very soft spot in their hearts (if not their heads) for France.

The impetus for this post is the recent arrival of a great new Canadian, Mr. Jack Frederick Macmillan, Who if his mother and father are any indication, will be a magnificent addition to Canada.


   posted by Joel at 5:21 PM

Comments: Post a Comment


About

Ronald Reagan left office, the Berlin wall fell.

Bill Clinton left office, the WTC fell.

Our duty is to hold our leaders accountable, history surely will. >

Email Joel Mackey


Links

You can do more to support the troops

Belmont Club
MarineCorpsTimes.com
Lileks Bleat
Instapundit
Drudgereport
National Review Online
Assymetrical Information
Powerlineblog
IraqtheModel
Electoral Vote Map
OutsidetheBeltway
Daily Recycler