Sp3ctator


archives

>Email Joel Mackey


Powered by Blogger

 


   Saturday, March 22, 2003  
Surreal


I was minding my own business, being the news/blog junkie that I am and came across a set of links that are perhaps the most surrealistic circumstance I have had in a long time. First I am reading Instapundit which links to jeff jarvis' blog which led me to this curiousity, a base newspaper for a military base in Afghanistan. Weee i was in high cotton, getting news from an American military outpost in Afghanistan! from here things began to turn. First I am reading down and find a reference to Boz Kashi, which is apparently the national sport of Afghanistan. So being the curious chap that I am, i google it to find out what exactly Boz Kashi consists of.

Well, to an American, Boz Kashi is pretty unusual. Apparently it consists of a bunch of guys on horses, competing to put the headless body of a goat in the opposing team's goal. Much like polo I assume, except for the ball, mallet, and fashionable clothing line....

But that is not where it became surreal, oh no boys and girls, the surreal began when I clicked
this link. while researching boz kashi on google. This page seems to list some stats and bio's of famous boz kashi players. Hilariously enough, the first one is a 34 year old lesbian. while the last one is apparantly a fanatic hijacker.

Only on the internet.....
   posted by Joel at 6:10 PM

Comments: Post a Comment


About

Ronald Reagan left office, the Berlin wall fell.

Bill Clinton left office, the WTC fell.

Our duty is to hold our leaders accountable, history surely will. >

Email Joel Mackey


Links

You can do more to support the troops

Belmont Club
MarineCorpsTimes.com
Lileks Bleat
Instapundit
Drudgereport
National Review Online
Assymetrical Information
Powerlineblog
IraqtheModel
Electoral Vote Map
OutsidetheBeltway
Daily Recycler